I
got a new bike. It is nice to have a bike because it enables me to get around
with ease and greater flexibility. Now, I have learned a few things about
riding a bike in the city. Let me share with you three important tips
life saving tips you must know when riding a bike through a city of 9 million
people! I of course, have learned these points through careful study
sheer life threatening experiences.
1.
No formal rules exist in regards to which side of the sidewalk one should ride
or walk on. To gain a proper mental picture imagine people walking and riding
in all directions all over the sidewalk and you have a picture of “rush hour
biking.”
2.
The proper procedure when you need to pass someone who is walking in front of
you is to ring the bell that is attached to the bike. This communicates to the
person walking that they should move out of the way to avoid being run over
step aside and let the biker pass.
3.
If you are a white American women, with brown hair, and blue eyes and you try
to implement the procedure mentioned above then be warmed. The person may turn
to see the bike that is coming then instead of moving over he or she becomes
a frozen statue as they stare at the foreigner who looks ridiculous trying to
maneuver around a new city! Is caught off guard at the American lady riding
a bike and does not move out of the way. Thus, almost gets run over
endangers both the rider and the walker.
There
you have it three important tips life saving tips for riding a bike in
Nagoya.
Now,
about the transitioning part of this blog post. We are moving on Wednesday! In
three months of marriage I will have moved three times. I informed Andy that we
do not need to keep this pattern up for the rest of our married life! Thankfully,
he agreed. We will be moving to our new apartment with no plans to move again
any time in the near future! I will be sure to post an update regarding the
move (including pictures of the new place – for by that time I will have located
unpacked the camera cord so that I can upload pics!)
Happy
Easter friends! The King has risen.
No comments:
Post a Comment